Wednesday, January 14, 2009

hand-me-downs

So, one positive of having a baby girl is that we have everything that little girls need, including clothing-and double at that! Well.....I am getting a bit worried. Little Evia, or should I say -- 90th percentile in weight Evia-- is wearing size 6-9 month clothing. This was the twins SUMMER clothing size. We are in the middle of winter. Last night it was a record low, -16 degrees. I am hoping that Evia will start growing more lengthwise instead of widthwise (I don't think that is a word).

Today I put Evia in a bumbo and lined all 3 girls up and read to them. Eden kissed Evia's head about 15 times after the story was done and Elle patted her head like she was a kitty. It was so cute. What wasn't cute was the fact that Elle did not take a nap today. This is almost worse than death when your child doesn't nap, because the rest of the day you know you will have a cranky toddler with a short fuse. I am not necessarily blaming this on Elle, but every now and than, poopy diapers sabotage naptime. If a #2 occurs during a nap, forget the rest of the nap. I found Elle in her crib, pants off, all her teddy bears, blanket, sheets, everything, thrown out of the crib and she had a poopy diaper. I will be grateful the diaper didn't get thrown too. That can even make me, a seasoned nurse who has taken care of plenty of #2 situations, shudder.

Sorry if that was too much information for a blog. Anyway, I found a picture of the twins wearing an outfit Evia had on today. All I can say is Wow! Look at my cuties wearing the same outfit! (Evia will be 3 months on Thursday, the twins were almost 8 months here)



3 comments:

Brooke January 16, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Wow! She is a little chunker, she couldn't be cuter though.

What size are the big girls in now? Brenna is still in a 12 mth in several outfits. Crazy huh?

Oh yeah, and naptime poops are the worst!!!

Unknown January 16, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

wow! I think we're going to see a similar difference in the beginning with our two guys. Adam is more than twice as big as Jacob was when born...J was only 4 lbs and Adam was over 9! Adam came home in 0-3 months today and Jacob didn't get into those size clothes until he was almost 3 months! Jacob surely isn't small now, so I'm sure we won't notice the difference later, but it'll be fun to compare now!

Susie January 19, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

Your girls are so beautiful - big or little. How sweet! I love keeping up on your family. Both of my boys are on the little side, but Brannen is starting to catch up with Leyton (3 years difference...).

Oh, you should e-mail us your address (susiekahler@hotmail.com). Christmas card got returned, so we must have the wrong one...

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy of three beautiful little girls ages 2 and under. Life is CRAZY BUSY!!!! I started this blog for myself as a journal to help me remember the little things in life's journey.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP