Wednesday, January 28, 2009

carrots

There used to be the days when you could brag, "Oh yes, my kids LOVE vegetables." Asparagus, squash, green beans, etc... Those days have passed....hopefully not forever. We are in the terrible two's food rut. My kids are basically surviving on fruit, pancakes, string cheese, toast, raisins and fishy crackers. Eden does better on some days, but there are times I just throw my hands in the air after they spit out what I've prepared. Last night I was peeling raw carrots to cook and gave the girls some raw carrot slices to munch on before dinner. This is what I found later.

Bits of spit up raw carrot pieces found themselves in just about every room of the house. Even on the window ledge!!! They kept coming back for more pieces and I was so excited thinking that they were actually EATING them.




5 comments:

Jessica January 29, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

Ha! Caleb will come eat your carrots. He eats them like candy.... fruit on the other hand is more challengeing.

Heidi January 29, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Oh my goodness, that EXACT same thing has happened to me! Yet I continue to think Sasha is eating the veggies...until I find them somewhere in my house! Why do they keep coming back for more? And why don't I just get a clue that they are NOT being eaten???

Rae January 29, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

Lol, mine was green peppers the other day. I have no idea why she kept coming back for more!

Unknown January 29, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

haha! My Sarah did the same thing not too long ago. Jacob WAS gobbling them up and Sarah was seeming to....until I Saw her cough it out and spit it in her hand. She did throw some away, but I kept finding lil shreds that night around the living room. Yet, she kept coming back for more, too. Why is that?? haha!

Burrito Boy February 1, 2009 at 1:09 AM  

Too funny - love the carrot pictures!

Susie

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy of three beautiful little girls ages 2 and under. Life is CRAZY BUSY!!!! I started this blog for myself as a journal to help me remember the little things in life's journey.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP