Tuesday, November 25, 2008

more on life with multiples........





So the twins seem to get into the most trouble while I am breastfeeding the baby.
I am somewhat immobile at that time and I think they know it. A few days ago while I was feeding Evia, I saw the top of the broom handle swaying back and forth above the couch
across the living room. Than I hear a whack followed by crying and of course I can't always
jump up and run to see what's happening. Later that morning it got real quite (this is usually a bad sign). I had to stop feeding Evia and sure enough, Eden was sitting on the granite counter by the stove-a new feat. This was almost the last straw because earlier that morning they had climbed the rubbermaid toy bins-another new feat-ran off with my cell phone and dialed a number as I heard the operator say, "please check your number and dial again" and when I was in the bathroom for 2 minutes of respite, they were frantically pulling at the doorknob and when I opened it Eden had blood running down her chin and had somehow cut her lip (she was OK). I have no idea how she got hurt, but she's been climbing the pink toy kitchen
again and they like sitting on the back of the couches and "surfing" down the front of them to the floor. My mom, who is ever the optimist, reminds me that my children are healthy and not handicapped and how determined they are by challenges in life, and how successful they will be ya da ya da ya da.......... I reminded her that if Eden fell off the granite on the stone tiled floor, she could be handicapped-I am watching for the first gray hairs to appear on my head!

Parenting is hard work-but I can't help but love my little twinnies!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown November 25, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

oh! What I have to look forward to!

Brooke November 30, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

Ut-oh! I bought the kids a wooden kitchen for Christmas and I can already see Liam climbing it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink kitchen, I saw it, wanted it, but had to find something a bit more gender neutral.

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy of three beautiful little girls ages 2 and under. Life is CRAZY BUSY!!!! I started this blog for myself as a journal to help me remember the little things in life's journey.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP