Thursday, November 6, 2008

childproofing

So, having 2 active little twins in our house has been challenging at times. As you can see, our house is in full lock down. We have gates, safety latches, locks, ropes, etc... everywhere and our house is continually "evolving" (as Aunt Sally has said) in what we have to do to keep our kids safe. They just love to climb and so I thought I would post some pictures of a few of our childproofing items. We have to rope the chairs into the table or they pull out the chairs and are on top of the table, piano keys, changing table, etc.. Blaine put cardboard on the changing table since they were scaling up the shelves (we have a new changing table with cabinet doors coming), and the shelves the toys were in have been replaced by rubbermaid containers since they were climbing the toy shelves.



3 comments:

Rae November 6, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

I truely think yours is worse than ours. Except every piece of furniture we own is bolted to the wall. Have you had to put locks on the dresser drawers yet? The magnetic tot locks work great !! Emma does understand the concept of the magnet but not where you put it.

Unknown November 8, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

Ah yes...welcome to life in a "gated community" as my friend Kerry likes to put it! haha! As our kids get taller, items on shelves, tables and cupboards keep getting moved higher and farther back. someday we'll get our houses back!

Brooke November 14, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

Yep! Looks like our house, hadn't thought of that with the piano, we just took the bench out of the room.

We are sooo where you are at right now. Our kids are really close in age. We have a lot of fight over one chair in particular here and if I don't give them their cups, food, toothbrushes, etc at the same time they are fighting.

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy of three beautiful little girls ages 2 and under. Life is CRAZY BUSY!!!! I started this blog for myself as a journal to help me remember the little things in life's journey.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP