Thursday, December 17, 2009

THE Christmas Tree!

Everyone knows I LOVE Christmas and everything about it. I have white lights twinkling in some form in my house all year round. When we first moved in our home, we had 16 foot fresh trees.....UNTIL......kids! The tree was eliminated and the first year when the twins were babies we had Norfolk Pines in elevated planters. Last year there was no tree. One reason, I had two 1 year olds and newborn (insert chest pain here) and secondly, the twins can climb Mt Everest and I was worried they would think the tree was fair game. This year, we thought we'd attempt it. We went very traditional- a fresh little evergreen from Home Depot (very original.....not) and the extra heavy duty Christmas tree stand. Add to that the wonderful shatterproof ornaments Sam's Club made especially for families with small children (or at least I'd like to think they were thinking of me) and ta-da, we had a beautifully and FULLY decorated tree with bulbs and lights all the way from to the top to the bottom. That was the "first" day the tree went up.

Here is the tree now:

Photobucket

can you see where the ornaments are now....................................!

The rest are in a plastic bag in the cupboard awaiting another trial run next year.

2 comments:

Unknown December 17, 2009 at 11:25 PM  

lol!! oh that is too funny!! Amazingly none of mine have been too bad with the tree. Sarah tried to eat an ornament when she was 1 but for the most part, they leave it alone. SO far, so good with Adam, too!!

The lights look beautiful though!!

Rae December 18, 2009 at 1:57 AM  

That is great, and also the reason we have pretty bows. She has only taken the candy canes off and we haven't told her they are real candy cause then they would be in her mouth all day.

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy of three beautiful little girls ages 2 and under. Life is CRAZY BUSY!!!! I started this blog for myself as a journal to help me remember the little things in life's journey.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP