Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What Goes BUMP in the night!!! AUGH!

So-I don't know if this has ever happened to anyone else, but I hope this was a 'one time only deal'. We had played at the local park till pretty late last night and thought the girls (or hoped and prayed the girls) would sleep like logs! About 2:30 a.m., I heard some whimpering and thumps, and so I thought I had better check on the kids upstairs. As I opened the door, I heard crying and it didn't seem to be coming from upstairs. My eyes at this point are furiously trying to focus as it was pitch dark in the house. As I walked to the hall to flick on the light, I noticed I was stepping in pools of water. Ugh! Here, I find Elle standing in the living room. She had opened her bedroom door, came down the stairs and pulled a step stool to the bathroom sink. Dumped out the toothbrushes from a plastic cup. Filled that plastic cup up with water numerous times and proceeded to dump them out on the floor. I don't know how long she had been awake, why she was awake, what possessed her to do this, but I wasn't too happy. Eden was upstairs crying, probably because she was alone and wondering what in the heck her sister was doing. By the time I had the water cleaned up, change Elle's soaking wet PJ's and got them all calmed down and snuggled in their beds....I wearily climbed back into my bed at 03:30 a.m.

Oh the joy of parenting!

3 comments:

Jessica August 12, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

Oh my! What a mess! Do you think she could have been sleep walking? Caleb got up a couple weeks ago in the night and threw over a laundry basket and used his he-man strength to knock over a night stand. We thought he could have been sleep walking.

Hope you get to sleep all night tonight!

Unknown August 14, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

oh wow!! Thankfully our two haven't escaped their beds or rooms yet...hoping it stays that way! Thankfully our room is right outside theirs so if they did...I'd hopefully hear them!

Brooke August 17, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

Oh boy! Nope this hasn't happened yet, probably because they have the twisties on their doors (yes, I know this isn't safe in case of a fire, but I am nervous they will fall down the stairs outside their bedroom in the middle of the night.

Now Braeden on the other hand sleepwalks, so I do hear bumps every once in awhile and it freaks me out.

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy of three beautiful little girls ages 2 and under. Life is CRAZY BUSY!!!! I started this blog for myself as a journal to help me remember the little things in life's journey.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP