Saturday, June 13, 2009

Memorable Performance

So, there are good days and there are bad. Today was a bad one. It all started out fine-- breakfast, getting dressed, etc.--Then we got to church. My sweet little angelic 2 year olds (maybe I am pushing the angelic part) turned into stinker pots. There is a class called cradle roll for ages 0-3 with activities and songs (many of which we sing all week long) to keep them busy--and they do pretty well following directions and participating in class. Not today. Eden, Miss Sensitive lately, had several crying episodes and Elle, The Scientist, was busy exploring and doing her 'own' thing. And of all things, today there was a program in the main church and the little ones were supposed to go up front to sing "Ring-a-ling-a-ling" and ring their little hand bells. I should've known before we even went into the church sanctuary that is was a bad idea when Elle, whose hand I was holding, (I had the baby in the other arm) started flopping around, falling to the ground and throwing a tantrum. Eden wasn't behaving any better with Blaine. We got up to the front of the church and of course, we were last, so we ended up being in the FRONT of all these parent w/their babies and little ones. As soon as the teacher started the song, Eden started crying and threw her bells off the platform. Elle, who is Monkey See Monkey do, threw her bells and both started throwing temper tantrums. I could just feel the heat rise in my body. Of all places and with everyone watching--why?? UGH! This is a memorable Performance all right-one in which I'd love to forget.

2 comments:

Rae June 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

sooo glad I am not the only one !! I feel for you sister, I really do.

Brooke June 21, 2009 at 5:25 AM  

Oh no! That sounds embarrassing. Our church doesn't have a place for the kids, so we juggle them durig church which gets quite embarrassing.

Last week as we were entering Brenna wanted to get in the font...it looks like a big pool. Anyway, I told her no and she hit me in the face as we were entering our pew...I was soo humiliated!!!!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy of three beautiful little girls ages 2 and under. Life is CRAZY BUSY!!!! I started this blog for myself as a journal to help me remember the little things in life's journey.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP