Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Heron is Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!








I am happy to report that Friday evening we received a call from the Howell Wildlife Rehabilitation Program saying that the Heron was ready to be returned. 35 minutes later, 2 volunteers were at our home with a very feisty Heron-- very different from the weak and subdued Heron that was deteriorating nearly 11 days earlier when Blaine captured him. What a beautiful sight when the cage was opened and the bird flew out, over the pond, and landed right where we usually see him. The vet had said earlier that they like to return adult birds to their natural home habitat. She said it was up to the bird to decide if he wanted to stay. Well, he must like home because I have seen him twice since Friday evening. We can not be more grateful to the Howell Wildlife Conference and Nature Center. It is heartwarming to know there are people out there who go to extraordinary lengths to take care of wildlife.

2 comments:

Lani June 8, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

That's really cool! I'm glad he decided to stay!

Brooke June 10, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

Awww! What a great story, glad he okay and back home where he belongs.

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy of three beautiful little girls ages 2 and under. Life is CRAZY BUSY!!!! I started this blog for myself as a journal to help me remember the little things in life's journey.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP