Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The BUG

All I can say is that I am glad last week is OVER!!!!! It all started with Eden throwing up at 2 a.m last friday and by Monday, 14 adults and 4 children had gotten the stomach flu (Vomiting/Diarrhea). I apologize again to our friends and family who visited us that Saturday-What a nasty virus!!! To make matters worse, I had to ship out Evia to Blaine's mom because I got sick and was so afraid she would get sick-I didn't see Evia for 3 days!! Believe me-there were tears!! For days, the twins literally just laid on the floor, barely moving, and it was all I could do to get them to take any fluids. Poor Blaine, he was on his own because I was busy caring for the twins. He had thrown up so frequently and forcefully that he had blood vessels that burst in his face and eyes. By Wednesday, Elle wasn't improving at all, had dry diapers, was refusing all fluids and was acting very strange. After 5 hours in the ER giving her fluid boluses for significant dehydration and correcting her low blood sugar, she was admitted to the pediatric floor at the hospital and ended up staying for 48 hours. There were several times that we almost brought Eden in too. I stayed with Elle the whole time in the hospital except a couple of hours to come home to shower and see Eden and Evia. Talk about no sleep, stress, and worrying-----it was exhausting. After 11 days, yesterday was the first day that they seemed to be getting somewhat of an appetite back. While the baby has a cold, she is so rosy colored and plump. Than you look at the twins, they are so pale and as thin as skeletons. It's scary. It will take a while till they are back up to speed. My main goal is to get some fat on their bones. So thank you again for all your prayers and I am eternally indebted to my mom and Karen for caring for my other children while I was in the hospital w/Elle.

1 comments:

Unknown April 7, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

So glad you're finally on the upswing! Wow...what a path she blazed! I can't imagine being away from the baby for 3 straight days...you poor thing! How torn between the kids! Get some rest!!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy of three beautiful little girls ages 2 and under. Life is CRAZY BUSY!!!! I started this blog for myself as a journal to help me remember the little things in life's journey.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP