Thursday, December 11, 2008

one hour

Here is less than ONE hour in the life of a mommy w/3 children under age two.

Trying to make dinner (Chili):

-get out ingredients

-am interrupted with crying, fussy kids-find snacks

-open drawer for a can opener

-find a twin balancing on the top of the toy fridge while wearing her winter boots (that she has been wearing all day)

-try opening cans with one hand while supporting baby's head which she likes to pop put of the bebepapoose

-baby is crying, find pacifier

-pour ingredients into pot

-get sippy cup for Eden. Elle sees Eden with sippy cup and immediately there is a tug-of-war. Get Elle sippy cup (was on my way to do that anyway before tug-of-war erupted)

-baby falls asleep, take her out to put her in her swing

-while with the baby in the other room, I hear shake, shake, shake. This is the sippy cups with ice in them and the twins like to hear that sound

-come out of baby's room and find that Elle has figured out that water droplets come out the sippy cup top when shaking it hard-there is water drops all over the kitchen floor, hallway, etc.. my socks are now soaking wet.

-Simoultaneoulsy, Eden comes running/squealing from the laundry room with her hands over her head- she has a nursing bra dangling around her neck.

-Blaine comes home and says "Whats for dinner?"

.................................I am leaving the country for the night!

2 comments:

Unknown December 11, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

Oh boy! we certainly have some days like that already...can only imagine the added addition we'll soon have to juggle too!!

Hope your day quieted some once Blaine was home...

Rae December 11, 2008 at 11:04 PM  

you poor thing!!! I wish I was closer to come help, but then again it might just add to the chaos if Em was there with me...

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy of three beautiful little girls ages 2 and under. Life is CRAZY BUSY!!!! I started this blog for myself as a journal to help me remember the little things in life's journey.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP