Tuesday, December 23, 2008

breastfeeding-legally protected

We were awoken in the wee hours of Monday morning to hear the most horrible cough. Poor little Elle developed croup-what an awful barking cough she had-and by the time we saw the Dr., her temp was 103.6! She was SO sick. After 2 doses of steriods and being pumped with tylenol/motrin, she is on the up and up. And wouldn't you know, it was Evia's 2 month appt. that day, so they both saw the Dr. That little Evia is a little fatty. She is 2 ounces shy of 13 pounds and grew another inch. She is in the 90% percentile for weight, and 75% for height. The Doc asked me what I was feeding her. She is a breastmilk baby. For all those nursing mom friends of mine, I just read this:

Not only is it legal to breastfeed in the United States, but many states have enacted laws to protect a woman's right to breastfeed in any place, public or private, as long as she's authorized to be there. Some states have laws so strict that asking a nursing mother to stop, cover up, or move elsewhere is a violation of her civil rights and gives her grounds to sue for damages in a court of law.

Put this info in your back pocket.

So, the last 2 days have been rough with a very sick little girl. I would die without the help of my parents. Carey and Mark were here this afternoon to help rock Elle, chase after Eden, while I fed the baby, etc... I am so grateful for their help too! I hope this Christmas won't be plauged by sick children like it was last year. fa la la la la la.........la la la la!

1 comments:

Unknown December 23, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

Must've been the week for croup. We've had it here several times but Jacob woke up the other night with it worse than we've EVER heard it! IT wasn't the cough that scared us...it was his struggle to breath. We almost made a trip to the ER. Thankfully he settled down and we made it through but it was scary!

Hope Elle feels better ASAP and that all the girls enjoy their Christmas!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mommy of three beautiful little girls ages 2 and under. Life is CRAZY BUSY!!!! I started this blog for myself as a journal to help me remember the little things in life's journey.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP